Mahidol University Alumni Relations Website Privacy Notice
Mahidol University provides privacy notice (“notice”) to inform users of Mahidol University Alumni Relations Website (https://alumni.mahidol.ac.th) about our notice in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of personal data of you (user) and your rights in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act B.E. 2562 (“PDPA”). This includes:
The following words and terms shall have the meanings set forth below when they are used in these Terms and Conditions.
- “User” means Mahidol University alumni who request to use the service of Mahidol University Alumni Relations Website.
- “Personal Data” means personal information or any information of a user that has been given to the university or contained in the university database systems.
- “Data Controller” means person or juristic person who has an authority to consider to collect, use, or disclose personal data. Herein means the Company, departments, or employees responsible for such personal data.
- “Data Processor” means person or juristic person who collect, use or disclose personal data in accordance with an order or on behalf of data controller.
- “User device” means a mobile phone or any other device specified by the university for use in this service.
- “University” means Mahidol University and shall include persons assigned by the university as well.
- “User ID” means Login Name, Username, Password, PIN (Person Identification Number), or any other code related to website access by any name, whether the university gives it or customized by the user.
- “Transaction” means any command or transaction made on the website, such as creating a business profile, posting web board etc.
- “Force Majeure” means any event beyond the university’s control, which hinders the provision of services under these Terms and Conditions, including crashes and data errors such as power failure that disrupted the university’s computer system or communication system, actions of third party’s computer, computer virus, various malicious software, or Harmful Data. The university did not cause these events by unmaintained computer system adequately according to the standards.
- “website” means Mahidol University Alumni Relations Website (https://alumni.mahidol.ac.th) according to these Terms and Conditions.
Personal Data to be collected
Mahidol University collects and uses the following personal data that you (user) have made available through Mahidol University Alumni Relations Website. This includes:
- Personal Data such as Name, Surname, Nationality, Year of Birth, Profile picture, etc.
- Education Data such as ID, Faculty/Institute, Program, Graduation Year etc.
- Contact Data such as Home Address, Telephone number, Email, LINE ID, URL of Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn etc.
- Work Experience such as Job Position, Organization, Business Profile, etc.
- User Service Data such as Business Profile Records, Web Board Records, etc.
Mahidol university will retrieve your information from the Mahidol University student database consist of name, surname, nationality, year of birth, student ID, faculty/institution, degree, and year of graduation for user’s convenient to update your personal information (My Profile) of the Mahidol University Alumni Relations website.
Purposes of collecting of Personal Data
Mahidol University shall properly use the Personal Data with user consent according to these purposes:
- To provide services under Mahidol University Alumni Relations Website to users such as My Profile, We Mahidol Enterprise, web board etc.
- To develop and improve Mahidol University alumni relations
- To analyze, develop, and improve the website systems to meet the requirement of users.
- To provide anonymous statistics for website users reports.
Mahidol University agrees not to use personal data of users for any purposes other than those stated in this notice.
The university has an employment agreement with Decorear Media House Co., Ltd. for website development purposes only. The Company does not have the right to collect, use, and disclose the personal information of the user other than for the aforementioned purpose unless it is necessary by its obligations under the employment contract.
Storage Period of Personal Data
The university collects and retains your personal data throughout your user period, if you canceled the service of the website, the university will continue to keep your personal information in non-personally identifiable information.
Personal Data Protection and Rights of the Data Subject
The Data Subject shall also be entitled to proceed as follows:
(1) Right to withdraw consent: The Data Subject shall have the right to withdraw consent to the processing of their Personal Data given to us at any time during the period their Personal Data is kept with us.
(2) Right of access: The Data Subject shall have the right to access his/her Personal Data and request us to make a copy of such Personal Data and provided the same to the Data Subject, as well as request us to disclose how the Data Subject’s Personal Data was collected without his/her consent to us.
(3) Right to rectification: The Data Subject shall have the right to request us to rectify any incorrect Personal Data or add any incomplete Personal Data.
(4) Right to erasure: The Data Subject shall have the right to request us to erase their Personal Data for specific reasons.
(5) Right to restriction of processing: The Data Subject shall have the right to restrict the use of their Personal Data for specific reasons.
(6) Right to data portability: The Data Subject shall have the right to require us to transfer the Personal Data provided by the Data Subject with us to another Data Controller or the Data Subject for specific reasons.
(7) Right to object: The Data Subject shall have the right to oppose processing their Personal Data for specific reasons.
Suppose the Data Subject has any questions or suggestions regarding the Personal Data Protection Notice or compliance with this Personal Data Protection Notice. In that case, Mahidol University is willing to answer such questions and welcome all the suggestions further to improve Mahidol University Alumni Relations website and services. The Data Subject may contact us at the following address:
Alumni Relations, Division of Student Affairs, Mahidol University
Address: 3rd floor, Mahidol Learning Center 999 Phuttamonthon 4 Road, Salaya, Nakhon Pathom 73170, Thailand.
or Mahidol University Data Protection Officer: DPO Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Security of Personal Data
Mahidol University provides appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized or undue access to, use, change, rectification, or disclosure of Personal Data. Moreover, Mahidol University has set out its safety communication channel for authorized staff to access or use the Data Subject’s Personal Data to keep such data confidential and safe.
Update on the Personal Data Protection Notice
Mahidol University may change or update this privacy notice from time to time and we will inform the updated privacy notice at Mahidol University Alumni Relations website (https://alumni.mahidol.ac.th).